Case study:Restoration of the stream of the Partido
To discuss or comment on this case study, please use the discussion page.
- 1 Project overview
- 2 Image gallery
- 3 Catchment and subcatchment
- 4 Site
- 5 Project background
- 6 Reasons for river restoration
- 7 Measures
- 8 Monitoring
- 9 Additional documents and videos
- 10 Additional links and references
- 11 Supplementary Information
|Project web site|
|Themes||Flood risk management, Habitat and biodiversity, Water quality|
|Main contact forename||MARM|
|Main contact surname||MARM|
|Main contact user ID|
|Contact organisation web site|
|Parent multi-site project|
| This is a parent project
encompassing the following
The project "Doñana 2005" aims to restore and rehabilitate the complex hydraulics of the marsh, allowing the system to evolve with the highest degree of naturalness and freedom possible within the constraints of the environment of social, economic, administrative, technical, cultural, etc. There are some actuations included in this project: Route water: environmental restoration project for tourist use; Restoration of the marsh "Gallega"; Control and permeabilization of the marsh to the river, the Brazo de la Torre and Entremuros; Restoration of streams Chico Soto, Soto Grande and Arroyo de la Laguna de los Reyes; Restoration of the stream of the Partido; Recovery of the functionality of Brazo de la Torre; and Recovery Caño Travieso.
The main objectives are:
- Restore water inputs to the marsh, in quantity and quality needed to restore the water dynamics of the marsh itself Doñana.
- To maintain, without interruption, the permeability between the marsh of Doñana and the Guadalquivir River estuary ensuring the incorporation of flows.
- Establish a system for evaluation and monitoring to enable a critical assessment of compliance with the plan and promote a research agenda and a specific line of disclosure, dissemination and presentation of results.
- Temporarily prevent the incorporation into the marsh of contaminated water or sediments, whereas such a risk. It is also necessary to prevent such waters can be incorporated into water systems or made available to any user.
- Recover the original morphology of overflows.
Monitoring surveys and results
Catchment and subcatchment
Select a catchment/subcatchment
Other case studies in this subcatchment: Control and permeabilization of the marsh to the river, the Brazo de la Torre and Entremuros, Guadiamar Green Corridor Project, Recovery "CañoTravieso", Recovery of the functionality of Brazo de la Torre, Restoration of streams Chico Soto, Soto Grande and Arroyo de la Laguna de los Reyes
Cost for project phases
Reasons for river restoration
Hydromorphological quality elements
Biological quality elements
Physico-chemical quality elements
Additional documents and videos