Case study:Restoration and conservation of riparian forests - habitats of European conservation importance on the territory of Dimitrovgrad municipality
To discuss or comment on this case study, please use the discussion page.
- 1 Project overview
- 2 Image gallery
- 3 Catchment and subcatchment
- 4 Site
- 5 Project background
- 6 Reasons for river restoration
- 7 Measures
- 8 Monitoring
- 9 Additional documents and videos
- 10 Additional links and references
- 11 Supplementary Information
|Project web site|
|Themes||Habitat and biodiversity|
|Main contact forename||Plamen|
|Main contact surname||Mitkov|
|Main contact user ID|
|Contact organisation||Dimitrovgrad municipality|
|Contact organisation web site||http://www.dimitrovgrad.bg/|
|Parent multi-site project|
| This is a parent project
encompassing the following
Project Objectives are the following:
1. Recovery and long-term conservation of habitats and species of European conservation importance in protected area "Reka Maritsa";
2. The restoration of habitat types 92A0, 91F0 and 92 D0; protected in protected area "Reka Maritsa;
3. Reducing the negative impact and spread of invasive and introduction species.
4. Improvement of habitats and populations of fish species protected in the protected area.
5. Improvement of the populations of hollow-nesting species of European and national conservation importance.
6. Raising public awareness and general environmental awareness related to the environment and species for protection.
Monitoring surveys and results
Catchment and subcatchment
Select a catchment/subcatchment
Other case studies in this subcatchment: Restoration and conservation of the protected site "Lozenski pat" - wetland, Restoration, protection and sustainable development of protected area "Zlato pole"
Cost for project phases
Reasons for river restoration
Hydromorphological quality elements
Biological quality elements
Physico-chemical quality elements
Additional documents and videos